My constant dilemma when picking where to go out for dinner is Indian or burgers/pizza? It is quite the first world problem, and usually it is resolved by whoever I am going for dinner with (apparently most people don’t crave Indian like I do). But everything changed when I was scrolling through Instagram and came across Canadian Living’s Butter Chicken Burger. What?? You can only imagine how excited I was to try out this magical combination.
Butter Chicken Burgers
Prep 25 min | total 25 min | servings 4
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter chicken curry paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) garam masala
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 lb (454 g) ground chicken
- Cucumber, sliced
- Slices of mozza cheese
- Plain Greek yogurt
- In bowl, stir together egg, garlic, bread crumbs, curry paste, lemon juice, ginger, garam masala, salt and pepper; mix in chicken just until combined.
- Divide mixture into quarters; with wet hands, gently press to form 4 patties.
- Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into patties reads 165ºF (74ºC), 10 to 12 minutes. – I used a frying pan, and cooked for about 10 minutes on both sides.