Thanksgiving is coming up and if you are looking for a quick pumpkin recipe for your big family gathering, I found the easiest, most delicious recipe! It beats picking up one of the four-month old pumpkin pies from Costco any day. I came across the recipe for the No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake in the latest issue of Canadian Living, and whipped up a batch for my family dinner that night (see the recipe online here). It literally took 10 minutes, with a couple hours chilling in the fridge. I used little ramekins, but it would also be super cute in baby mason jars.
- 85 g cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp Cool Whip
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup Cool Whip
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in sugar for about 2 minutes.
- Beat in pumpkin, cream and pumpkin pie spice.
- Scrape into two 6-oz (175 mL) ramekins or mason jars, smoothing tops.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, beat cream with sugar until soft peaks form. Spoon over cheesecakes before serving.