I’ve been on a rampage giving my diet and fitness schedule a makeover, and one of the biggest areas that I needed to fix was post-workout eating. It is fine if I go home after I workout and have time, then I can make a protein smoothie, and get all the necessary nutrients. Its when I am squeezing five billion things into my day and I have to rush to the next thing. Drinking protein and water is always sufficient, its better than nothing, but I always try to pair it with actual food, especially if I had an extra hard workout. My go-to is boiled eggs if the gym is the first stop, but again, sometimes that isn’t doable because no one wants to eat eggs that have been sitting in the car. The only issue with these is that they melt fairly fast, so either eat them at home (or leaving the house) straight out of the fridge/freezer or bring an ice-pack with you to keep them cold (otherwise they will turn into a delicious, gooey mess).
I came across these protein peanut butter cups and new I had found a contender for post-workout snacks. There are only a few ingredients and super easy to make, and are great for eating on the run. If you don’t own a jar of PB2 yet, you need to get some. It is the greatest ingredient to add to recipes, adding the extra protein and peanut butter flavour without the extra fat and sugar in regular peanut butter.
No Bake Protein Peanut Butter Cups
Prep 10 min | Freeze Time 60 min | Servings 5 cups
4 Cupcake Liners (place in a cupcake tin)
2 TB of PB2
2 TB of melted coconut oil (or liquid coconut oil)
2 TB of water (*may need more)
3 TB of Plain Greek Yogurt
1 TB of coco powder (unsweetened)
1 Scoop of Chocolate Protein (your chosen brand)
1 Tbsp Agave Syrup
- Mix together the coco powder, Greek Yogurt, melted coconut oil, and chocolate protein powder. Slowly one tbsp at a time, add water, until the mixture can be poured
- Add about 1 tbsp of this mixture to the cupcake liners, saving enough for the top layer.
- Meanwhile mix together Pb2 and water. The consistency should be thick enough to hold its shape.
- Take the cupcake tin out of the freezer and divide the PB2 mixture evenly between the cupcake liners, on top of the chocolate, trying to keep it in the centre.
- Top off the cups with the chocolate mixture, covering the peanut butter entirely.
- Place in the freezer for about an hour. Take out as needed.
What is your favourite post-workout spot?