Summer is half way done but that is not reason to pack up your sunscreen and bikinis just yet. There are plenty of weekends left for patio going, sangria drinking, and sun tanning (while drinking sangria? I see a pattern here). Here are 5 things for you to do this August in YYC to take advantage of the rest of summer (fingers crossed the rain will stop ruining all weekend plans).
- Float down the river. It takes a little bit of effort but it is totally worth it. My boyfriend and I (and our dog) had a blast one afternoon floating down the bow. Don’t forget your sunscreen and life jacket!
- Taste of Calgary is happening August 11-14 and who doesn’t like eating lots of different kinds of food?
- Bike ride from Canmore to Banff (and back again). This is an amazing beautiful ride and it is pretty flat the whole way. Plus you don’t have to find parking when you get to Banff.
- Head to the mountains for a hike. There are gorgeous views and trails for all different levels. My favourite are Crypt Lake down in Waterton, and East Rundle near Canmore.
- Global Fest – even if you don’t go down to the festival, there are plenty of firework shows to keep you satisfied.
As much as I love last minute, spur-of-the-moment plans, sometimes you actually need to form a real plan in advance to make sure you cross things off your summer bucket list. Start a dreaded group chat and get your girlfriends together to enjoy the last few weekends of summer!
P.S. Andrea Benavides from Bad Peace Fashion and I had such a blast with this photo shoot. It was a couple months ago, but it still looks like it could be August with all the sunshine we were getting.
Photos by Janey Bee Photography | Check out her instagram
Andrea is wearing: